Words Their Way is differentiated word study program, allowing students to work with words that are at their spelling level. Each week students will receive a word sort and will be asked to practice sorting these words based on the sound/spelling pattern, along with other activities to help them learn word meanings.
Words Their Way Homework Information
- A new spelling list and sorting worksheet will be sent home every Monday.
- At home students are to cut up the word cards.
Home practice should include:
- Practice putting the words into the correct groups just as we do during group time;
- Practice writing out the words for our test on Friday;
- Complete a blind sort—students will write this in their Word Study Journals or on a separate sheet of paper.
- Complete the Word study contract-students will do this work in their Word Study Journals.
- Word Study Journals are due every Friday.
What is a blind sort activity?
Within Word Patterns
Syllables and Affixes