|Welcome to Mrs. Skeen’s Library Web Page
(541) 526-6400 ext. 4745
Earn a Free Book from Barnes and Noble by Reading this summer!
Access Thousands of Free ebooks through Capstone Interactive Books
Redmond Battle of the Books (RBOB) is a district level elementary school reading competition for 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students. Students read 3 books from the booklist below to qualify to participate on a team. Teams are formed in early December to allow time for reading books that may not have been read yet by team members. In January and February, teams meet weekly to battle each other by answering questions from books on the list. The top two teams from Tom McCall will battle in a school championship and both teams will advance to the District RBOB Tournament in March where they will compete with the top teams from other Redmond elementary schools.
2019-20 RBOB Book List
1. Clementine by Sara Pennypacker
2. El Deafo by CeCe Bell
3. Finding Gobi by Dion Leonard
4. Frindle by Andrew Clements
5. Holes by Louis Sachar
6. Joey Pigza Swallowed the Key by Jack Gantos
7. Louisiana’s Way Home by Kate DiCamillo
8. Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh by Robert O’Brien
9. Ranger in Time: Hurricane Katrina Rescue by Kate Messner
10. Trouble with Chickens by Doreen Cronin
11. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
12. Wishtree by Katherine Applegate
For questions about Battle of the Books, please contact Mrs. Skeen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-526-6400 x 4745.