Principal: Drew Frank
Office Manager: Margaret Iverson
Grade Levels: K-5
1200 NW Upas Ave
Redmond, OR 97756
Mon – Fri: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Phone | Email
Under the Student Assessment Bill of Rights, the Oregon Department of Education (ODE) and
Oregon’s school districts must provide families with a “Notice of Statewide Tests and Opt-out
Form” 30 days before the start of statewide testing.
This year, school has been significantly disrupted by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and other
factors. In response, ODE asked the United States Department of Education for a temporary
pause (also known as a “waiver”) in English Language Arts (ELA) and Math testing. A pause is
also being requested for science testing, but science testing is not subject to this opt-out rule.
• If this waiver request is approved, then statewide ELA and Math testing will not happen
this year, and there will be no need for parents to submit opt-out forms to their child’s
• If the waiver request is not approved, test windows will open on April 13, 2021.
ODE will update your district regularly with news about the waiver.
Según la Declaración de Derechos de Evaluación de Estudiantes, el Departamento de Educación
de Oregón (ODE, por sus siglas en inglés) y los distritos escolares de Oregón deben proporcionar
a las familias con un “Aviso de Exámenes Estatales y el Formulario de Exclusión” 30 días antes
del inicio de los exámenes estatales.
Este año, la escuela se ha visto significativamente afectada por la pandemia de COVID-19 actual
y otros factores. En respuesta, ODE planea solicitar al Departamento de Educación de los
Estados Unidos una pausa temporal (también conocida como “exención”) en los exámenes de
Artes de Lenguaje en Inglés (ELA, por sus siglas en inglés) y Matemáticas. También se está
solicitando una pausa para los exámenes de ciencias, pero los exámenes de ciencias no están
sujetos a esta regla de exclusión.
• Si se aprueba la solicitud de la exención, entonces los exámenes estatales de ELA y
Matemáticas no se realizarán este año, y no será necesario que los padres presenten el
formulario de exclusión a la escuela de su hijo/a.
• Si no se aprueba la solicitud de la exención, el período de exámenes se abrirá de 13 de
abril de 2021.
ODE actualizará a su distrito de forma regular con las noticias sobre la exención.
The proposed bond measure is estimated not to increase the current tax rate. Redmond School District will upgrade and update all of our schools to provide healthy, safe, and secure campuses that are modern and efficient. The district will expand the student capacity and prepare for future growth by building 6 additional classrooms at both Vern Patrick Elementary School and Tom McCall Elementary School.
HERBICIDE APPLICATION NOTICE
It is mandatory for each facility to post this notice on their school website in addition to the site notices that will be posted by our grounds personnel. These actions satisfy our due diligence to provide public notification as required by law. Thank you for your assistance with this matter.
The Facilities Department hereby gives notice the Redmond School District grounds personnel will be spraying all fence lines, beds, parking lot cracks/curbs and swale areas at the following site and date between 6 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., weather permitting.
Elton Gregory Middle School &
Tom McCall Elementary School Campus
March 22nd & 23rd, 2021
These grass areas will be posted as closed for four hours or until the grounds personnel have determined the product being applied has had sufficient time to dry on the vegetation. Please notify staff and the public of this application at least 24-hours in advance of this application date.
The product being applied is listed below. The safety data sheet is located in the red SDS binder at your facility.
GlyStar Plus EPA #42750-61
& Pendulum AquaCap EPA #241-416
Type of Products – Non-Selective & Selective Herbicide
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Marc Horner at 541-316-2864.
Home of the Mustangs
Drew Frank has been the principal at Tom McCall Since September 2011. Prior to coming to McCall, Mr. Frank worked as the Students Services Director at Buckingham Elementary. This position is a kin to an assistant principal. Before beginning his administrative career, Mr. Frank was a classroom teacher for 10 years in Bend.
Mr. Frank earned his bachelor’s degree in psychology from Pitzer College, in Southern California. It was there that he played basketball for the college as well as solidified his desire to be part of the educational system of our country. Having grown up as the son of two educators, you could say, “teaching is in his blood.” If you ask Mr. Frank if he is a Duck or a Beaver; he’ll proudly say the Beavs!
Mr. Frank has an incredible wife who is a nurse in the Bend School District and two kids, one in college and one in high school. He loves to spend time with his family in the great outdoors. They love to camp, swim, play tennis and be active together. Mr. Frank is proud to be the principal of our school and he loves working with the staff, students, and families to make McCall the best it can be.
MID OREGON CREDIT UNION – EDUCATION
On Thursday, 1/14, Mid Oregon is hosting a webinar called “Parenting in A Digital World”.
It will be for about an hour starting at noon. Details:
- Presented by special guest speaker, Ryan Comingdeer, Chief Technology Officer at Five Talent an Effectual Company (and parent of five girls). This workshop will address how parents can keep their kids safe in the digital world. We will review how to discuss online security with your child, the best practices to implement security, tools to lock down your environment and how to best monitor your household activity. You will leave with an understanding of next steps and how to protect your family from spiritual, physical and emotional attacks.
- To register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6073460750385889803
- To see all upcoming Mid Oregon financial workshops: https://www.midoregon.com/education/financial-workshops.shtml
Throughout the Year, the High Desert Museum is presenting “Wonder Wednesdays”. Mid Oregon is sponsoring this opportunity for adult parents and caregivers to receive $5 admission on Wednesdays (except not on school holidays). Details:
- To provide engaging activities for Central Oregon students during the COVID-19 pandemic through the 2020-21 school year, parents and/or caregivers visiting the Museum on Wednesdays with pre-kindergarten to 12th-grade children who attend school in Deschutes, Jefferson and Crook counties will receive a reduced admission price of $5 per person!
- Timed tickets are recommended, as the museum has restrictions on admission due to COVID-19 protocols. For details and to get tickets, visit https://highdesertmuseum.org/wonder-wednesdays/.
- For a flyer about the event, click https://www.midoregon.com/community/High_Desert_Museum_Wonder_Wednesdays_2020-2021.pdf.
News & Information
Tom McCall Elementary School’s Parent Teacher Connection (PTC) strives to support the excellent teachers and staff and foster the educational development of students.
Our annual fundraiser, the Tom McCall Mustang Fun Run, allows students the opportunity to get outside and get moving while raising funds to support the school. We host several family-oriented events throughout the school year, as well.
These efforts allow the Tom McCall PTC to assist educators in purchasing materials and equipment that may otherwise be unattainable throughout the school.
Click HERE for more information